Then I went to the Housing office to let them know that I was going to have their money for them, but it was going to take a while because of processing. That did not go over well. The guy I was working with practically jumped down my throat. He accosted me and said that I "had dug a real deep hole for myself" (great english, I know), because I hadn't given all of the remainder of my grant money to them.
A) I had to use the remainder of my grant money to buy my books and computer. Otherwise I couldn't have done my homework, which would have not been good for my academic endeavors.
B) I wasn't trying to get out of paying my bill. Goodness, everybody has to pay. I was just trying to let them know what was going on and that they would be getting their money, they would just have to wait for processing.
Anyway, so the guy practically jumped down my throat and was pretty much not happy with me. And he said that the only thing that he could do for me was have me sign a promissory note. However he didn't really explain it to me. And when I skim read it, I missed key points that I found later. So the meeting ended with me signing this stupid promissory note saying that I would pay $2,990 (or some stupid number like that), by October 15.
And even as I was signing the stupid piece of paper, the guy was freaking out at me for the rest of my money that I owed. I mean for goodness sake, I had pretty much just signed my soul away to him and he was still wanting more. I mean the amount I am now required to pay by the 15th of October is including November's fees too, what more does the man want? I mean really?! I can't do much if I don't have a job. Something that I had already explained to him numerous times. And still he's like "Well you still have December's dues!"
For goodness sake! I KNOW! Believe me I KNOW! I am not stupid. You do not have to get in my face about. Especially when the fees for the month are due by the 1st. Not three months in advance. Geez.
So as I was walking out of the office, I read the copy of the promissory note he had given me, and I found a crucial piece of information. If I don't have my money to them by the 15th then I will "be forced to vacate the premises within three days of the aforementioned date". Shoot me in the face and gag me with a spoon.
I am totally screwed if processing takes longer than a month.
And so today, I went to church and talked to my bishop. And he's going to refer me to this guy that I guess helps with stuff like this. And Bishop said that he could help me with my job issues too.
Which I hope works, because I really feel like that I am supposed to be here right now. And if I have faith I know everything is going to work out.
And what is really nice is that Bishop was like "I can tell you're a class act, you're not trying to scrounge or mooch it off of people, you are just trying to get everything worked out". Which definitely made me feel good. I am really glad I'm in this ward. Hopefully I can just stay here. Let's all pray that it does.

No comments:
Post a Comment