She never explains what she means and is really pretentious. She thinks that everything must have depth and that no rhetorical analysis is deep. What is she a hippie? Deep man...
I swear, when she sent me that email she acted like I was an idiot. We were supposed to write an essay in thirty minutes, and I did that the best that I could. Was it the best paper that I every turned out? Absolutely not. Did it accomplish what the assignment asked for? Yes. And then she freaking tears it apart. "You have no depth", "You only critiqued, not analyzed", "Do you know how to analyze?"...blah, blah, blah.
And whenever I say something in class, she has to play the devils advocate. "Really? Who says that?" Ugh! I do you annoying human being!
I swear the woman worships Thoreau. And it is driving me nuts!
And on top of that she wears see through shirts! I do not want to see saggy old lady boobs! That is not on my list of things to see before I die. But have I seen it? Unfortunately. In the form of Writing 2010 professors. Gag me with a spoon.
Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love writing, but I hate this class! When I took Writing 1010, I aced it with flying colors. I didn't have a problem and my teacher was crazy hard! I know how to do rhetorical analysis. I know how to write correctly.
And then this lady comes along and tears everything apart. And practically calls me dumb. She even corrected me on my grammar! Bane of my life! I know how to use grammar correctly.
What do you want to bet that she only had good things to say about her little pet's paper. I hate it when teachers play favorites. It is so unfair to the rest of the class.
And it's so hard to even be in this class because hardly any of them talk and I do not do well in silence. I have to be talking, I have to be moving. And I can do neither of those things while in this class.
My professor wants us to get into Thoreau's head. And personally I think that's pretentious. Why try and tear apart something that is already viewed as a classic piece of American literature? And certainly why be ridiculous about it?
I don't know...all I know is that I want to be out of this class right now. I don't feel good and I have not been sleeping well. I want to go home and sleep. Get me out of this class!

No comments:
Post a Comment